Safe Pass is a safety awareness training programme for construction workers. This one-day programme provides workers with a basic knowledge of health and safety to make them aware of the inherent dangers on work sites so that they will not be a risk to themselves or to their co-workers who work alongside them.
- Raise the standard of safety awareness in the construction industry;
- Ensure that, over time, all site personnel undergo basic health and safety awareness training to enable them to work on-site without being a risk to themselves or others who might be affected by their acts or omissions;
- Maintain a Register of personnel who have undertaken the Safe Pass Program;
- Issue a SOLAS Safe Pass Registration Card to those who successfully complete the program which informs employers that the cardholder has attended a formal course in health and safety awareness.
- The Reasons for Promoting Safety
- Health and Safety at Work Legislation
- Accident Reporting & Emergency Procedure
- Accident Prevention
- Health & Hygiene
- Manual Handling
- Working at Heights
- Working with Electricity, Underground and Overhead Services.
- Use of Hand Held Equipment and Tools
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Safe Use of Vehicles
- Noise and Vibrations
- Excavations and Confined Spaces
- Must be a minimum of 16 years old
- A reasonable proficiency of the English language is required
- Must have TWO (2) passport size photographs on the day
- Must have their Irish PPS number on the day
- Participants must have photographic ID on the day (e.g., previous safe pass card, passport, drivers licence etc.).