The course is designed to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to become competent trainers who can then develop, deliver, assess and evaluate their own training sessions.
The course also provides the learner with an opportunity to practice their training delivery skills and build their confidence as a trainer.
Overall it provides a recognised qualification for those working in a training capacity.
Overview and Objectives
After this course participants will:
- Understand the role and function of training and development
- Be familiar with the qualities, knowledge and skills required for effective instruction
- Acquire a foundation in the theories and best practices of training delivery, assessment and evaluation
- Understand the issues involved in the delivery of training to a range of different learning groups.
- Understand different learning styles.
- Be familiar with a range of evaluation models in order to measure the effectiveness of the training intervention
- Identify key factors in preparing for training delivery and setting appropriate training objectives
- Demonstrate core skills and competence in the delivery of training courses
- Be familiar with a range of assessment tools and techniques
- Be able to develop and implement appropriate assessment methods.
- Learning theories
- How people learn
- How learning enables the development of the person and the organisation
- Key principles and methodologies of adult learning.
- Learning styles
- Understanding individuals unique styles of learning
- Impact of learning styles on the success of learning, education, work and life
- Legislative issues in the provision of training:
- Relevant legislation
- Responsibilities of the trainer
- Creating inclusive and equal opportunities
- Effective preparation for a training intervention:
- Conducting a training needs analysis
- Setting SMART objectives to ensure the training course is effective for the learning group
- Selecting the content
- The lesson plan
- Use of training aids for the training session
- The training environment
- Training delivery:
- Presentation skills
- Key communication skills
- Motivating the learner
- Questioning and listening techniques
- The practical demonstration
- Supervision trainee practice
- Delivery techniques
- Training evaluation tools and techniques:
- Evaluation techniques
- Levels of evaluation
- Appropriate evaluation selection
- Knowledge and skills assessment
- Constructive feedback
- Evaluating learner progress against learning objectives
- Identify areas of success and improvement opportunities
- Self-evaluation techniques
- ASSESSMENT: Skills Demonstration – Preparation and Delivery
It is important to note that additional time is required for study and preparation outside of the classroom sessions:
- Self-directed learning
- Preparation for skills demonstrations
- Research, prepare and write a project and learner records