The course equips participants with the basic knowledge and tools to plan, develop and deliver internal training for skill based operations.
Overview and Objectives
At the end of the course participants will:
- Have acquired the qualities for effective instruction.
- Have developed the basic skills and techniques of instruction.
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver practical on-the-job training.
- Have enhanced their communication skills and self-confidence in the delivery of a
- Training course or practical demonstration.
- Understand key assessment tools and techniques.
- Have demonstrated the skills acquired through the delivery of a practical training session.
- Identified areas for self-improvement and self-development – The Lessons Learned.
- The learning objectives
- Why training is important
- Organisational challenges
- Business and/or legal requirements
- Principles of Instruction
- Key Steps
- Qualities of the Instructor
- Requirements for effectiveness
- Personal qualities
- Preparation and planning
- Training Needs Analysis
- Delivery techniques
- The lesson structure
- The practical demonstration
- Training evaluation
- Giving constructive feedback
- Question and answer techniques
- Presentation skills
- Practice / Feedback
- Practical role play
- Individual preparation for a training session
- Delivering the training session
- Group critique and feedback
- Applying the learning
- The lessons learned
- Action planning