Participants who successfully pass the Assessments will be issued with a PHECC First Aid Responder Certificate. This certificate is recognised by the Health & Safety Authority. The Certificate is valid for two years and indefinitely on attending a two-day Refresher Course every two years.
This PHECC accredited course will develop learners as First Aid Responders.
The course runs in accordance with the Health & Safety Authority Guidelines and is accredited by PHECC. Assessment is carried out in accordance with PHECC guidelines and regulations.
Who is the course for
There are no prerequisites for this course. The course is for anyone in the workplace wanting to learn how to recognise and care for people with life-threatening injuries before the arrival of healthcare practitioners.
- Patient Assessment
- Incident Procedures
- Cardiac First Response – Community
- Common Medical Emergencies
- Injury Management and Shock- Patient Assessment
- Care of the unconscious patient
- Burns and electrical injury care
- Hypothermia and hypothermia
- Information Management
- The well-being of the First Aid Responder