The course is designed to equip individuals with the knowledge, skills and competency to deliver manual handling training.
This highly practical and interactive course focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of manual handling, risk assessment and the key training tools and skills required to effectively deliver manual handling courses.
Certificate: QQI Award (Special Purpose) Level 6
- Gain an understanding of the main components of current Health & Safety Legislation
- Learn about the anatomy of the spine and back care
- Identify the main risk factors for back injuries
- Gain an understanding of the techniques for Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Gain an understanding of Ergonomic Principles
- Understand manual handling principles and techniques
- Develop the qualities necessary for effective manual handling instruction
- Know the techniques for effective preparation for manual handling instruction
Who is the course for
No previous training experience is required. Participants should have good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
As participants will be required to design and develop training plans and courses, some basic IT and social media skills would be desirable.
- Legislative Requirements and Health Benefit
- Anatomy and Back Care
- Ergonomic Principles and Risk Assessment
- Manual Handling Principles and Techniques
- Planning and Design of a Manual Handling Training Programme
- Delivering manual handling training – practical sessions
- Individual feedback