Relationship and trust building is essential to create strong positive experiences whether it be will internal colleagues or with customers; you have to manage their emotions; a variety of different behaviours and communication styles and you have to manage your own emotions and behaviours and all over the phone. This course will cover how to build your awareness and skills to manage challenging calls and deliver exceptional customer experiences consistently.
Overview and Objectives
- The participants will explore their challenges, experiences, drivers and key learning they want from the day.
- Share and discuss stories about what is working well to build increased self-awareness and confidence and the ability to use these skills in more pressurised situations. The participants will then describe how they want things to be in the future for all calls. This will lead to discussions and exploration of tools and techniques to move from current to the desired new.
- Developing crucial behaviours: Identify crucial behaviours, the role they play and their impact in different situations. Include: understanding the world of the caller; how to increase your active listening to find the exact nature of the problem or issue; tools and techniques to build awareness and self-management; different communication styles and how to respond to a range of different behaviours from customers; how to ask clearly stated, specific and courteous questions and provide accurate answers; effective techniques and responses to manage callers emotions and how to maintain composure when dealing with more challenging behaviours. Relevant practice with constructive debriefing and feedback.
- Exploring real situations: In groups the participants will explore their real situations and work to identify a) causes or factors that could have influenced the outcome b) factors that will influence positive outcome c) how to manage similar situations in the future.
- Call Stages: Participants will reflect how the techniques can be used at different stages in the call process to move the call along at the required speed while still maintaining a positive and professional communication with the customer. Discussions will focus on when and how to escalate a call to the supervisor and manager (if relevant).
- Final action plans to implement back in work place and offering support to each other.