To give the novice Excel user an introduction to Excel and enable him/her get familiar with formulas/basic functions/data entry and how to navigate around the programme.
- Identify the Excel icon and access the programme.
- Customise the Quick Access Toolbar
- Get familiar with the Ribbon – locate previous commands (if upgrading from Excel 2003)
- Understand rows, columns, cell and range
- Know how to save files in the different formats and how to “pin” a frequently used file
- Sum, Max, Min, Average, Count, CountA functions
- Know how to enter formulas, and text and how to copy formulas.
- Format numbers and text
- Create simple formulas : add, subtract, divide, multiply
- Know how to insert rows and columns.
- Printing: Use scaling, headers and footers Create a simple chart
- Absolute and relative formulas (fixing cells)
- Using a list in Excel – sorting and filtering
- Create simple formulas
- Worksheets : renaming, moving, copying, changing tab colour
- (If time allows) Simple If statements and/or Conditional formatting being a source of tension and a reduction in overall team performance.