Galway Executive Skillnet LEAN Business Programme is a green belt level training programme which uses a proven combination of training and onsite project mentoring to help participants understand lean principles, implement lean tools and deliver improvements for sustainable cost savings. The programme is heavily subsidised by Skillnet Ireland and delivered by leading lean consultants, LBSPartners.
Adopting lean tools and techniques is a business improvement approach being embraced by companies across all industries in Ireland and around the world. WHY? Because it delivers a serious competitive advantage to companies who participate. Previous participants are now achieving measurable improvements across a wide range of business outcomes, including improved cash flow, productivity, waste reduction, lead times, employee engagement, and quality and customer service. By participating in this programme, you and your team will:
- Develop a clear understanding and practical knowledge of the tools and practices underpinning lean.
- Identify and deliver a project or suite of projects to provide meaningful and measurable improvements for your business.
- Gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to apply lean principles, tools and techniques to other projects within your business.
- Optional UL Certification offers attendees Level 8, 6 ECTS credits
6 days (plus mentoring)
Day 1: October 15
Day 2: October 16
Day 3: November 11
Day 4: November 27
Day 5: December 12
Day 6: January 17 (Graduation)
Workshop Training Programme Limited to 4 companies: 3 participants/business participants/business
- Workshop 1 (2 days): Lean Sigma Overview, Fundamentals of Lean, Lean Simulation, Introduction to Six Sigma, Takt Time and Cycle Time, Value Stream Mapping, Project Management, Kanban.
- Workshop 2 (1 Day): DMAIC “Define Phase”, A3 Methodology, DMAIC “Measure Phase”.
- Workshop 3 (1 Day): Standard Work, DMAIC “Analyse Phase”, 6S, Visual Management.
- Workshop 4 (1 Day): DMAIC “Improve Phase”, Kaizen, DMAIC “Control Phase”, TPM and OEE
- Final Presentation Day (1/2 day): A3 presentations by all participating companies to further enforce the learning from the programme, while also giving management an opportunity to view projects in the context of the other participating companies.
Mentoring Support Plan Limited to 4 companies: 3 participants/business participants/business
Four days of mentoring sessions delivered on-site on your company premises. Your ability to deliver an improvement project in your business will be the key outcome of this programme as it demonstrates your learning and application. The in-company mentoring will be focused on the application of learning and supporting you through a structured implementation. The mentoring sessions are used to achieve the following: Meet owner / key managers in the company to scope out the project(s). Prepare project business cases and involve your finance team as required. Provide support and feedback to members of the project team. Complete the assignment with a team presentation to the management team. Throughout the programme, the aim is to transfer knowledge, skills and attitude to the project team to enable them to apply lean principles in future.
€4,000 for 3 employees per company