A development program that enables supervisors to build collaborative relationships with their peer supervisors and to support their individual team members to maximum levels of engagement, personal accountability and personal empowerment. The aim of this programme is to offer participants a foundation set of skills and techniques to become high-performance supervisors.
The aim of this programme is to offer participants a foundation set of skills and techniques to become High-Performance Supervisors to enable:
- A measurable improvement in participant competencies
- Greater application of coaching skills to empower team members to achieve higher levels of engagement
- Theory and skills of having courageous conversations to address sub-standard performance
- Theory an opportunity to develop advanced conflict resolution skills
- Skill of staying focused on the critical variables to enable delivery of KPI’s in the workplace
The course content will cover the following areas:
- Module 1: Communicating with High Impact. In this opening session, the participants will be provided with powerful tools and techniques to ensure that their messages are always delivered with maximum impact and maximum effect. Participants will also be provided with the opportunity to become aware of how they might currently be sabotaging their own effectiveness when it comes to high impact communications.
- Module 2: The Characteristics of High-Performance Teams. The Characteristics of High-Performance Teams will be explored in this session and the participants will also be provided with the opportunity to complete an assessment to determine the current level of performance of their own team. The assessment can also be completed to determine the current level of performance of their peer Management Team.
- Module 3: Transforming Team Conflict into Team Collaboration. Highly effective managers and supervisors have the ability to transform conflict into sources of innovation and creativity. In this session of the workshop, participants will be invited to increase their own awareness of how they can manage and deal with conflict situations in a more effective manner and will be offered a number of tips and techniques to support them when they find themselves in a conflict scenario.
- Module 4: Professional Coaching Skills for Managers and Supervisors. In this session, the participants will be offered a practical framework for effective coaching in the workplace. The advantages of taking a coaching approach to team member development and team member empowerment will also be explored. The key skill of Active Listening will also be developed as part of this Coaching session. The facilitator will give a demonstration of effective coaching in the workplace and each participant will be provided with the opportunity to practice having a coaching conversation.
- Module 5: Managing Performance through the Power of Courageous Conversations. A supervisor’s ability to manage poor performance is critical because if left unaddressed, the poor performance is perceived to be the acceptable level of performance. The ability to hold difficult conversations is critical to effective supervision and in this module, the participants will be provided with the latest leadership material on how to navigate their way through difficult conversations so that they achieve their desired outcome. The facilitator will demonstrate how to have a courageous conversation and will then provide each participant with the opportunity to practice having a real and challenging conversation.