A practical and interactive workshop designed for people who communicate daily with internal and external customers by telephone and email – includes staff in all areas of business such as finance, customer service, sales, marketing, administration, IT, etc.
The aim of the online workshop is to help you develop a greater understanding and self-awareness in the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, customers, and suppliers using the telephone and email for better working relations. You will gain the skills to respond and deal with queries in a caring, assertive and professional manner without reacting inappropriately or cause the person to become irritated; ensuring greater satisfaction.
Classroom: 1 day
Online: 1 day
After completing the workshop, you will be able to:
- Choose the most appropriate communications tool between telephone & email for engaging with others
- Build confidence with colleagues and customers, whilst portraying a helpful and friendly attitude
- See things through the eyes of the other person & prevent complacency
- Encourage feedback and make it easy for customers to complain
- Talk to people in their own language - know what to say and how to say it
- Learn to really listen, ask the right questions & show empathy
- Create relevant and well-structured emails applying the right language, style, and approach
- Apply proper email etiquette and follow company email policies
- Be calm and assertive when dealing with different personalities and irate people
- Avoid defensive behaviour and trigger words that irate colleagues and customers even under pressure
- Resolve complaints and difficult situations in a confident and competent manner
- Keep promises, keep people informed, meet expectations & respond quickly and effectively
This course will be delivered by Karen Somerville, Call Focus
Established in 1999, Call Focus has worked with a wide spectrum of clients in both the consumer and business markets. Customers to date include companies in a variety of sectors including IT, Telecoms, Financial, Educational, Media, Property, Events & Leisure, Travel, FMCG, Services, Charities plus many others extending across many industry sectors.
Call Focus have a wealth of experience in many areas of communications, sales, marketing, and customer service, so they understand that building valuable client relationships is the key to a successful and profitable business.