Life, work, studies will throw challenges at you. How we handle these challenges can make the difference between success or not. As Edmond Hillary said “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” The aim of this short course is to explore different strategies that you can use develop your resilience and thrive.
By the end of this course participants will
- Have greater awareness of your current approach to working through challenging times
- Embrace strategies that will help you reframe your mindsets
- A practical action plan to develop new behaviours responding to the current changes
The course will be highly participative and include discussions and exercises to address the objectives. The participants will be encouraged to interact and discuss the relevant areas to ensure that knowledge and skills are developed. The course is delivered over 2 sessions of 2 hours each. In the 2nd session we will review and reflect on the actions implement over the week, take new insights from them, build on them and explore further practical strategies to build your skillset.
- Introduction, objectives and expectations
- The new work environment, challenges and needs will be initially discussed in a constructive way. The participants will create a draft personal goal statement. This will support them to create a positive focus and inner drive.
- Personal Leadership and Resilience: o Definition of what they are and their importance to life and work o Understanding our reactions and responses when faced with uncertainty and crisis
- Explore a range of strategies to reframe mindsets and build your resilience
- Exercises and activities to put strategies into action
- Key emotional intelligence competencies and their importance in building resilience
- Self-reflection – where am I now, what can I build on
- Action Plan. Create your action plan to build and strengthen your resilience and be the best you can be every day.
This programme will be delivered by Dymphna Ormond, Ormond Coaching