The aim of this course is to help you to hone your social media marketing skills and refine and improve your current activity thus making it more effective and manageable.
Who is this course for?
Businesses with an existing active social media presence who want to take their social media marketing to the next level.
With over 60% of Irish adults active on social media networks and 43% of digital consumers researching businesses on social media before buying from them, it has never been more important to ensure you have a robust social media strategy in place. Combine these stats with the fact we are in extraordinary times and there is no doubt that social media is a vital and valuable connection to your target audience. As someone with an existing online presence, you will understand the fundamentals of social media marketing. However, we understand that growing and maintaining your presence can be a time consuming and overwhelming task. The aim of this course is to help you to hone your social media marketing skills and refine and improve your current activity thus making it more effective and manageable.
3 hours with 15 minute break
- Social media audit
- Conducting a social media audit is a key first step in defining your social media strategy. We will talk you through the steps to evaluating your current social media presence and activity to identify what is working and what is not.
- Review target audience
- Evaluating your customer profile to ensure you are targeting the correct audience is important when planning your social media activity for the coming months. The aim of the process is to ensure you are targeting those most likely to buy your products or services.
- Social media planning
- Consistency is key with any social media strategy. We will provide you with a guide to creating a monthly content calendar ensuring regular and relevant posts go out to your target audience that align with your overall strategy.
- Content sponsoring and boosting
- We will discuss how and when to boost your posts on social media including setting a realistic budget for the promotion.
- Post creation and scheduling
- We will provide you with practical tips for creating engaging content that appeals to your target audience and accurately reflects your brand tone of voice. In addition, we will also talk you through scheduling tools that allow you to schedule your posts in advance thus saving you time.
- Graphic design platforms for social media
- There are many free, easy to use graphic design tools available to allow you create eye catching posts and templates for your social media. We will talk you through the tools and how and when you should use them.
- Creating Instagram and Facebook stories
- Aside from regular posting to your social media feed, there are many other ways to use your platforms to engage with your audience. These include stories, IGTV and Facebook and Instagram live.
- Personalising your profile pages
- When a potential customer lands on your page, you want to give them a real sense of who you are. You can add your brand personality to your page through your profile photos, highlight covers etc. We will share with you how to do this.
- Analysing results
- Analysing key metrics such as page views and post reach and engagement can provide useful insight into what elements of your strategy are working and what are not and changes can be made accordingly.