APICS - CPIM - Part 2: The course is essential for anyone working in production and inventory management, operations, supply chain management, procurement, material management and purchasing. It is also of benefits to participants outside these departments including process engineers, financial analysts, customer service personnel or anyone involved in the supply chain as it provides an overall understanding of how organisations function.
To earn the CPIM credential you have to complete 2 parts / exams:
CPIM Part 1: Basics of Supply Chain Management
CPIM Part 2: Execution and Control of Operations
Master Planning of Resources
Detailed Scheduling and Planning
Strategic Management of Resources
BENEFITS OF APICS / CPIM:
- Enhance functional knowledge of production and inventory management
- Improve efficiency across an organisation’s supply chain processes
- Maximize return on investment on systems and technologies
- Predict outcomes more accurately
- Effectively manage global supply chain activities where suppliers, plants, distributors and customers are located
- Maximize customer satisfaction by delivering products and services Just-in-Time.
- Create consistency and foster collaboration through best practices, common terminology, and corporate-wide communication
- Achieve career development, industry recognition and better employment opportunities
Participants must pass both parts in order to receive certification and use the designation CPIM after their name.
Exams are computer based and are scheduled throughout the year. There are a number of exam centres throughout the country. Participants can schedule their exam date and location at any time however exam slots are subject to availability.
APICS CPIM exam scores are valid for 10 years from the date of the first exam, so certification must be achieved within this timeframe.
IMPORTANT NOTE – Exams in Galway:
The Galway exam centre has restricted opening times and currently only opens 2-3 times a year for computer-based exams in line with the CPIM courses scheduled by the Western Management Centre. These exam slots are reserved for the Centre’s students. The opening dates for exams are scheduled by Western Management Centre in agreement with the exam centre. All registered student will be notified about exam dates, times and booking procedures.
Part 2: 60 hours approximately.
20 weeks, one evening per week (7 – 10pm)
Offered from September to February each year.
NOTE: All classes run subject to numbers.
As part of the course fee, participants receive a prescribed learning system for each part of the course.
- Student manual
- APICS Dictionary e-download for CPIM – Part 1
- Online services
- Pre-test – to determine a personalised study plan
- Instructional videos
- Exam Practice questions
- Flashcards – enforce learning points
- Resource Centre – to access additional learning resources
- Post-test – to measure progress
COURSE FEES: CPIM Part 2: €1,950(Tuition, learning system and exam fee)
APICS CERTIFICATION MAINTENANCE:
All certified CPIM candidates must maintain their designation every five years. You can start earning points once you become certified. Exhibiting ongoing professional development is regarded as a best practice standard to maintain integrity of the professional credential. For further information see the CPIM Certification Maintenance Bulletin at www.apics.org
Certification Administrator in Ireland:
IPICS – The Supply Chain Management Institute.
6E KCR Estate, Kimmage, Dublin 12 Tel: 01 – 9023729 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org